Having the deck of your dreams can be a "snap" - literally. Modular decking tiles - real hardwood tiles that easily snap together - are the next hot thing for do-it-yourselfers out to expand their outdoor living space.
Upgrading an existing deck, patio or balcony, is among the top five home improvement projects; it enhances a home's value and is cheaper than building an actual room addition. Yet traditional deck building has required homeowners to either layout a substantial sum of cash to have professionals do the job, or invest hours of their own time learning the skills needed to do it themselves.
Recently featured on HGTV's "Red, Hot & Green", hosted by expert carpenter Carter Oosterhouse, these modular interlocking decking tiles can make a beautiful do-it-yourself deck possible for even home improvement neophytes.
Each one sqft. interlocking wooden tile is mounted on a high-impact polypropylene backing. The grid allows the tiles to snap together like children's plastic building blocks. They are so easy to put together, so you can reasonably expect to invest 60 minutes or less installing a 100 square foot deck.
The 1-3/16 inch-thick tiles are made of beautiful, durable Ipe hardwood, also known as Brazilian Walnut (ironwood). The tiles are manufactured in 12-inch by 12-inch and 12-inch by 24-inch dimensions. The tiles are imported from South America.
Besides easy installation, modular decking tiles have several advantages over traditional decks:
* No concrete footings or complicated support systems are necessary. Modular decking tiles and pavers can be placed over any reasonably flat surface - from an existing concrete patio, weathered traditional deck, or balcony, to screened in porches, basements and flat-top roofs.
* The average cost per square foot of traditional decks range from $18 to over $35 per square foot, depending on the wood or composite material choice. Modular interlocking decking tiles retail between $8.95 and $11.99 per square foot, depending on the style and material.
* Once assembled, modular decking tiles are as sturdy as a traditional deck. They can easily be disassembled should you decide to relocate your deck, or take it with you when you move.
* Because they snap together, modular tile decks never have any exposed screws or nails, making them child and pet friendly.
* Cleanup and maintenance are easy. Simply hose off your modular decking tiles as needed for regular cleaning. Once a year, treat them with a wood sealer containing UV protection.
* Modular decking tiles can also be used to easily create patios, paths and posh pool areas outdoors, and as flooring in home spas or on apartment or condo balconies. Decking tiles can also be laid in three different designs: traditional, offset or parquet, to create a truly unique look.
For more information on modular decking tiles, please visit OutdoorFloors.net, a leading distributor of outdoor flooring, decking materials, premade modular patios, and fire pits.
|3 Proven Tips On How To Stop A Dog From Digging Ho||5 Suggestions To Clean Your Cement Front Yard|
|7 Back Yard Things To Do Together With Your Childr||A Few Tips For Choosing Lawn Mowers Uk|
|A Review Of The Evenglo Post Style Patio Heater||About|
|Adding Decorative Arbors And Arches To The Yard||Advantages Of Electric Yard Tools|
|Are Patio Door Drapes And Curtains The Smart Choic||Automatic Chipper Shredders Cut Yard Work Time And|
|Cable Fence Great For House Yard Or Pasture||Choosing A Prefabricated Patio Cover Kit|
|Choosing Blinds For Your Patio Doors||Commercial Patio Umbrellas Meet Multiple Needs|
|Covered Patio Designs What Options Do You Have||Decorative Windmills Can Add A New Look To Your La|
|Designing And Creating A Houston Custom Patio Encl||Easy To Manage Back Yard Landscaping Ideas|
|Garden Incinerators For A Tidy Back Yard||Gazebos Gazebo Curtains And Outdoor Patio Cover Ki|
|Ground Preparation Prior To Laying Lawn Turf||How Best To Top Dress A Lawn|
|How To Areate Your Lawn||How To Change An Air Filter On Your Riding Lawn Mo|
|How To Fix A Sink Hole Inside Your Lawn||How To Get Rid Of Unfriendly Mushrooms From Your G|
|How To Maintain Concrete Patio||How To Open A Motorcycle Salvage Yard|
|How To Repair A Brick Patio||How To Repair A Sinking Stone Patio|
|Irrigation Sprinkler Repair Service Create A Profi||Lawn Care Services Landscaping Portland Oregon|
|Lawn Decor Tips Give Your Lawn Decor A Makeover||Make Your Lawn Greener Then Your Neighbors.|
|Materials Used For Modern Patio Furniture||Modular Outdoor Decking Tiles Build Your Dream Dec|
|Outdoor Patio Umbrellas And Their Types||Patio Chair And Chaise Sling Repair And Sling Repl|
|Patio Paving Pointing||Patio Umbrella Nomenclature|
|Patio Upgrade I Using Granite And Slate Decking Ti||Planning The Perfect Back Yard Wedding|
|Political Campaign Yard Signs Which Is Best For Me||Privacy|
|Read This Before Purchasinga Yard Truck For Your B||Sealing Your Patio Pavers 11 Keys To Successfully|
|Sod Worms Lawn Worms||Soil Prep For Your New Lawn|
|Standard Lawn Care Mowing Scarifiers Aeration And||The Greatest Areas To Buy Round Chair Cushions For|
|The Perfect Picnic Table Plan To Put Together A Fa||Tips For Riding Lawn Mower Repair|
|Tips To Decorate Plastic Patio Furniture||Top Dressing Lawn Mix Up The Perfect Top Dressing|
|Transform A Concrete Patio||Understanding The Patio Umbrella|
|What Material Are Lawn Mower Blades Made Of||What To Look For When Buying A Self Propelled Lawn|
|Where To Find Racing Lawn Mowers For Sale||Why You Needa Yard Truck For Your Facility|
|Wicker Pieces Of Furniture Advantages For Your Pat|